Geospatial Data (New York)
Panel discussion featuring several leading vendors of geospatial data and providers of geospatial data analytics.
30 Nov 2017
Data Engineering (New York)
Several senior technologists will discuss the challenges faced by the most sophisticated users of alternative data and the tools typically used by those firms.
This event is being hosted jointly with NYC Data Engineering.
9 Nov 2017
12 Sep 2017
13 Jul 2017
China Analytics (New York)
Discussion of Exante Data's data driven tools for analysing capital flows in and out of China. Followed by a short presentation on the various datasets available for tracking Chinese consumers.
< Recap >
12 Jul 2017
Recruiting Dinner (New York)
Round-table discussion between heads of data recruiting from several leading funds as well as PMs spearheading the build-out of alternative data efforts at their respective firms.
12 Apr 2017
19 Jan 2017
2017 Kick-Off (New York)
Through our offline conversations we have found that there is now broad agreement on what constitutes a sophisticated buy-side data effort. We will provide an update of what that setup looks like - and discuss how it is likely to evolve going forward.
< Recap >
14 Dec 2016
Holiday Drinks (New York)
A chance to catch up with Augvest regulars after a hectic end to the year.
26 Oct 2016
Thought Leaders' Dinner (New York)
Private meeting of select thought leaders in the alternative data space.
7 Sep 2016
6 Sep 2016
Augvest Roundtable SG (Singapore)
Hosted by J.P. Morgan and featuring the head of data science from a major Asian sovereign wealth fund.
4 Aug 2016
Establishing Best Practices (New York)
Panel discussion featuring:
- Michael Beal - Co-Founder of JPMorgan Intelligent Solutions, CEO of Data Capital Management
- Michael Recce - Former head of data science at a leading Connecticut based hedge fund
- Matei Zatreanu - Founder and former head of data science at a leading New York based hedge fund
< Recap >
28 Apr 2016
Alternative Data Demo Day (New York)
The event consisted of:
- Presentations of select alternative data projects completed by Upgrade Capital students
- Overview of YipitData's work on Priceline, AirBnB, JD.com, Etsy, and Groupon
- Talk on the state of the alternative data space by Gene Ekster
A detailed recap of the event is available here.
To be invited to future Augvest events, please apply to join our community by filling out this short form.